To Do Moving List
Here are some basic To Dos When Moving
We also have a printable list to use When Moving by clicking here
- Clear out unwanted goods hold a garage sale or take items to donation centers.
- Get rid of flammables such paint, pesticides, gas cylinders
- Empty fuel from mowers, clippers, trimmers and so on so they can be moved
- Sort clothes and decide what you want to keep. Charity shops may want them!
- Separate books and discard disposable reading materials from valuable documents
- Check all electrical goods – will they work in the new home?
- Start making up your change of address list
- Arrange to have mail forwarded
- Agree on a termination date for electricity, gas, oil, telephone and other main suppliers.
- If you are taking electrical goods such as a stereo, see if you still have their original boxes
- Have rugs cleaned
- If you have, separate cherished toys to travel with your children
- Round up personal documentation – marriage/birth certificates, driving licenses and so on
- Keep passports separate so they are not packed
- Want to take the car? Check on import regulations and the duty payable when moving abroad
- Family pets – make sure vaccinations and documentation are up to date as states vary
- Will your new home be ready? If not, you need to arrange temporary storage.
- Shops, schools, theaters, life styles – it’s never too early to find out about your new home
- Start running down freezer stocks and canned goods
- Arrange your finances – close or transfer bank accounts, savings accounts and so on, if necessary